Monday, February 25, 2008

The begining of the end for racism

I have have reached the conclusion in the last several years that racism will be on it's way out when racist words and actions are far more injurious to their author then they are to the intended victim. I would like to think that among my family, friends, and even my community, that this is already the case. I am not naive enough to believe that this is true everywhere in the United States.

What I would like to believe is that the majority of the electorate will punish a candidate for racism on his or her behalf.

This article show that the Republican party seems to believe that any racism (or sexism) will hurt them in the general election.

Note, it is not necessarily that they believe racism is wrong, bit it will cost them votes.

No comments: