Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cant' Wait For FinCon13

FC_fb-cover

Last year, I was thrilled to attend the 2d annual Financial Blogger's Convention, called FinCon. I was lucky enough to travel just a few miles to attend FinCon in my home town of Denver. At that event I hosted a tour of Denver, moderated a panel discussion, and gave a presentation on the challenges and rewards of freelance blogging.

This year, I am traveling 770 miles to St. Louis in order to attend FinCon13. While in St. Louis, I will attend the Plutus Awards for which I have been nominated as Best Freelance Blogger. I will also host a freelancer's forum to meet up with other freelance personal finance bloggers (Friday at noon at the Historic Sports Bar in the hotel). Finally, I will be giving a short speech at Ignite FinCon on How To Travel For Free.

My goals this year are:
  • Develop new relationships with media outlets and financial services companies.
  • Learn from my fellow bloggers and freelance writers.
  • Re-kindle relationships with some of the great people I met last year in Denver.
  • Have fun!
Can't wait to see you in St. Louis!

No comments: