Thursday, June 28, 2012

Airline Gouge Young Parents, Credit Cards To The Rescue


I actually enjoy traveling with children. I love introducing them to family and friends around the world, and I even revel in the sense of wonder they exude during the journey. Yet, myself and other new parents have discovered the most obnoxious airline charge, the international lap child fee.

I wrote a piece about it for Money Talks News, which has since gotten picked up by Yahoo Finance. I am posting all of this here at Steele Street for three reasons:

  1. Educate people about this outrageous fee, and how to avoid it.
  2. Illustrate how my experience in travel, personal finance, and credit cards often intersect in stories like this.
  3. Show how I write a piece for one outlet that gets carried on others.

No comments: